View of the lock inside
The AD-Series electronic lock from Schlage is
designed to provide more options, more functionality
and more compatibility than other locks on the market
today. Its revolutionary modular design allows
the solution to be customized to fit the needs of an
application now, and will adapt to changes in the
future without removing it from the door.
The AD-Series features an integrated design that
includes components required for a complete access
control system such as the electrified lock, credential
reader, request-to-enter and -exit sensors, door
position switch and more.
In addition to the options you choose when ordering
your lock, the AD-Series also offers a wide selection of
features that can be configured during installation to
customize your openings.
1) Is the AD-Series backward compatible with CM, CL, VIP, and WA products?
Yes, the AD-Series is backwards compatible with CM, CL, VIP, and WA product lines. Any features you have today with a CM, CL, VIP, or WA product will be available with the corresponding AD-Series successor without any changes to your software environment.
2) How do I take advantage of the full range of incremental features offered by the AD-Series?
Some incremental features will also be available without any changes to your software environment. To take advantage of the full range of incremental features you will need to upgrade your software platform.
3) What types of decorative plates are available?
The following decorative plates are available to retrofit your door prep:
Short Plates ( 1" H x 3.5" W): CM, CL, & VIP
Medium Plates ( 2.3" H x 3.5" W): WA exterior trim, Best Basis/IDH Max/Wi-Q, Alarm Lock Trilogy
Tall Plates ( 7.3" H x 3.5" W): WA interior trim, CM, CL, & Sargent Profile
4) What finishes are decorative plates available in?
Decorative plates are available in the following finishes:
630 stainless steel (standard)
605 bright brass (special order)
643e aged bronze equivalent (special order)
5) Can you describe the footprint of the AD-Series in comparison to products that are currently on the marketThe footprint of the AD-Series is similar to that of the legacy products. In many cases the AD-Series will cover the existing door prep. Should a decorative plate be necessary,. those will be available directly from Schlage in 3 finishes: 630 stainless steel (standard), 605 bright brass (consult customer service), and 643e aged bronze equivalent (consult customer service).
Product Type: Electronic Lockset
Finish: Satin Chrome
Network Configuration: No it's an Off-Line Computer Managed device
Locking Mechanism: Cylindrical Lock
Latch Type: Deadlatch 2 3/4 inch backset
Lock Function: Classroom/Storeroom
Reader Technology: Magnetic Stripe + Keypad or Prox + Keypad or just keypad
Power Source: 4 AA Batteries - Included
Cylinder key backup : Single Cylinder - included
Grade: Grade 1 hardware
Handle Style: Lever x Lever
Strike Style: ASA Strike
Handing: easy to change
Door Thickness: 1 3/4" Thick Door